Monday, October 15, 2007

Traffic and its jams

Early morning 8.30.. cab arrival time.. no time to eat.. oh God, where is my wallet.."son, u indisciplined lad.. when will u straighten up in life?" .. mom screaming on my back, as usual ;-).. arrey, this shoes na.. idiots, why do they put lace into that.. oh noo.. cab's here.. #@#$! &... aahhh!
.................everyone stare from their eye corner as i tie my lace, pull my cuffs back sitting inside the cab panting.. 'irresponsible guy'.. says someone grinning .. thudd!! there falls my impression.. we are late by 10 mins..

...."chal chal meri haathi ..oh meri saathi"... kishore sings as the cab cruises along on the road.. the driver is energetic, fast n furious, has eyes all over his body as he twists n turns and maneuvers the vehicle skillfully in the space right in between a mammoth lorry and gigantic bus.. wonderful!! how does he figure out that there is just enough space between the two giants for him to squeeze his vehicle.. (hmm... i was reminded of my school days where i used to manage to push my head thru the mob to see the results displayed on the board..then well, i can be a better driver than him .. huh!)..heyyy.. where did this autowala come from .. he is even better.. found enough place between my cab and the khatarnak lorry.. aaila.. i just turn my head and gosh! what do i see.. we are sorrounded by a crowd of vehicles.. scooters, cars, autos, vans.. where did they pop in from... ??? and there we are amidst a traffic jam going no where.. we are late by another 15 mins.. everyone in the cab again stare at me... :O 'damn this guy.. only if he hadn't made us wait..' ... my face is a pumpkin now :(

well ppl.. the above is the story of any seeda sada banglorean ladka like me.. but let me tell you.. traffic jam.. yess, its the traffic and its jam that makes Bangalore so lively and active.. ppl who would be drowsing inside their vehicles will wake up with all enthusiasm and start shouting, cheering, honking, guiding (others), cursing when traffic comes to a standstill.. wow, ppl awake when traffic sleeps................
....................... Got to see such a traffic jam here after a long long time and wasn't my heart rejoicing and happy recalling the golden days in Bangalore.. i felt home after a long time.. the university drive (the main road adjacent to our apartments) was packed with cars and ppl returning from a football game, eager to return home and i was standing there flashing my teeth telling my room mate.. "man, i love traffic jams.. and the ones in Bangalore... they are the best"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home